GLASfunds is a global alternative investment platform in Cleveland, Ohio offering streamlined and efficient access to institutional level private capital and hedge funds. Founded in 2008, GLASfunds has been a pioneer in offering alternative investment access to financial advisors and their high-net-worth clients. We aim to give advisors the tools, expertise, and support they need to deliver institutional private market portfolios with an unrivaled client experience.
GLASfunds is seeking a part-time associate to help generate entries in our proprietary accounting platform. Our team is launching an in-house custom software program to support our core business model. This role will focus on building the new ledger within the platform to run parallel with GLASfunds’ current accounting model.
- Understand GLASfunds’ business model and the accounting procedures which support it • Learn the data points within GLASfunds’ capital call, distribution, billing, and performance flow and information within the framework
- Assist the accounting team in maintaining detailed records for cash moving in and out of GLASfunds’ onshore and offshore funds in the primary ledger
- Reconcile incoming and outgoing activity in the ledger with the firm’s current accounting spreadsheets and documents
- Collaborate with the GLASfunds’ technology partners to test new solutions being engineered for the new platform
- Execute any ad-hoc projects to support the firm’s back-office goals as necessary
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills to work independently and support broad firm goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to lead complex business logic conversations with both technology and business stakeholders
- Familiarity with transactional data and position data, fee accruals, and IRR/time-weighted return calculations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Preferred but not required: professional experience and/or coursework pertaining to Finance, Accounting, Economics, Operations, Technology, or Mathematics